Pastor Joel Osteen reportedly invited famous rapper Kanye West to his Lakewood Church service, according to TMZ.
The two celebrities have been in communication, as recently as two weeks ago. TMZ reports that Osteen invited West to experience his megachurch but didn't ask him to perform so as not to put him on the spot. But the celebrity pastor would reportedly be thrilled if West sang.
West's Jesus Is King album premiered on Wednesday in California, as did his IMAX film by the same name, according to NBC. The film is set to play in theaters for a week, and the album released today.
West tweeted that the album, which was supposed to be released Friday, was going to be momentarily delayed:
To my fans— ye (@kanyewest) October 25, 2019
Thank you for being loyal & patient
We are specifically fixing mixes on "Everything We Need" "Follow God" & "Water"
We not going to sleep until this album is out!
Later that same day, the album was officially released.
Two weeks ago, West brought his gospel-centric Sunday Service events to Washington, D.C. During his performance at George Washington University, West gave the crowd a sneak preview of his upcoming album.
"I want you to know I'm not here for your entertainment this afternoon," he told the audience. "We're here to spread the gospel. ... Philippians 2—forgive me if I mispronounce anything. I'm a recent convert. It means I recently got saved within this year.
"... I know for a fact that I am a strong member in pop culture, that I worshipped the idea of labels, brand names. I worshipped cars. I worshipped the city I grew up in. I probably said Chicago more in my career than I said Jesus."
Earlier this month, Pastor Adam Tyson, who preaches at West's Sunday Services, offered an inside look at West's faith.
"He is living and walking with God," Tyson told "The Pure Flix Podcast," noting that he's seen noticeable changes in the rapper's life. "He's in the Bible. He's in prayer."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details