As the entire nation joins Boston in mourning three deaths and massive injuries and amputations, Americans are once again facing the reality of homeland terrorism and resurrecting questions of security.
David Rubin, Israeli terrorism expert, is drawing some direct parallels between Boston and Israel, a nation plagued by long-term terrorism.
Specifically, Rubin explores unique questions of how Israel would react to a similar incident. How would Israel find the terrorists? What would it do to prevent future attacks? And how would Israel address the trauma of the victims and fears of the general public?
“Realistic fear is certainly understandable,” said Rubin, who himself is a victim of terrorism. Rubin is a former mayor and long-time resident of Shiloh, Israel, in the region of Samaria, known to much of the world as the West Bank. After he and his son were wounded in a terrorist attack, Rubin established the Shiloh Israel Children’s Fund, which focuses on healing the trauma of terror victim children.
“But Israelis are a resilient people who will not cower under the threat of terrorism," he continues. "Realistic fear has led to realistic precautions in Israel, and can in America as well.”
Rubin's book, The Islamic Tsunami: Israel and America in the Age of Obama boldly exposes the Islamic threat to Israel, America and Judeo-Christian civilization. His latest book, Peace for Peace, provides biblical and historical insight into the consistent failures of the Middle East peace process.
“In Israeli communities, where people have suffered a disproportionate number of shooting attacks, terrorist infiltrations and bombings, average citizens chose defensive responses over fear of terror attacks," says Rubin. "They felt enabled to go on with their daily routines, thereby stealing a portion of victory from the claws of terror gangs."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details