In over 25 years of pastoring, the most frequently observed issue plaguing believers to this day is that of generational curses. Habitual sin and familiar spirits in family lines are tell-tale signs. Jesus came to reverse the curse. He came so that you would have an abundant life (John 10:10)!
The challenge is that generational curses are passed down from parent to child and are rarely dealt with or discussed. As a result, they continue to flow into the next generation and the next, completely disabling believers to walk in the freedom of Christ that they have been promised.
Instead, many operate out of lack, bondage, doubt, confusion, bondage and temptation.
When we, as members of the body of Christ, discover that it is our right to be set free of generational curses and come out of agreement with them, we then are able to answer the call God has on our lives and walk in our God-given authority here on earth.
Why You Need to Identify Generational Curses
The reason you want to identify generational curses is to remove the death and destruction that comes from them. If left alone, the curses steal your peace of mind, the joy of the Lord and your spiritual strength.
If these generational curses aren't canceled, there is unnecessary spiritual warfare such as financial attacks, physical attacks, relationship issues, abuse, divorce, business breakups, church splits and more.
Often, these issues find their root cause in generational curses that have not been dealt with.
The Lord wants you to have victory. He wants to renew your strength!
Meditate on this verse: "The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; my father's God, and I will exalt Him" (Ex. 15:2).
10 Ways to Identify Generational Curses
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do I have a lack of passion for spiritual things?
2. Do I battle excessive frustration?
3. Do I doubt God's goodness and faithfulness?
4. Do I battle torment and miss out on the peace of God?
5. Do I lack understanding and have confusion about my purpose?
6. Do I question a calling and direction that was once discernable?
7. Am I lured into areas of previous bondage?
8. Am I tempted to quit personal assignments?
9. Do I battle mental, emotional and physical fatigue?
10. Do feelings of guilt, shame, condemnation, loneliness and rejection manifest when emotional wounds are opened?
These are all signs that generational curses are resting upon you.
Remember that the Lord says, "I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand" (Isa. 41:10). Your freedom from these curses come when you activate the strength of the Lord.
Breaking free and claiming the right to your freedom starts with understanding your identity. The generational curse is after your identity. It wants you to doubt who you are in Yeshua. It wants to confuse your purpose and calling, luring you back into the bondage of old habits and patterns.
However, when you identify the curse, cancel and come out of agreement with it—proclaiming God's truth over your identity—you are positioned to walk in victory!
May the God of strength anoint you with fresh oil, releasing your true identity and purpose in this coming season.
Listen to this episode of Ancient Principles, Kingdom Authority with Curt Landry on Charisma Podcast Network now.
Curt Landry, founder of Curt Landry Ministries, and his wife, Christie, travel extensively, preaching and teaching about the Jewish roots of the Christian faith. Together, their passion is to empower families to live and leave kingdom legacies and understand their own personal heritage.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details