Conservatives were disappointed when the House flipped to Democrat control last week. But even with the liberal impact of that outcome, political analysts say the effects of President Donald Trump's agenda—such as a robust economy, increased jobs, lower taxes, strong foreign policy, a supported military and protected borders—will be long-lasting.
I call these effects "aftershocks." As I write in my book, Trump Aftershock, the biggest aftershock from the 2016 presidential election may be that the American people have wised up under Donald Trump's tutelage. Most Americans no longer trust the "fake news" mainstream media or their so-called experts. We're all skeptics now. We get our news from multiple and alternative sources. We don't need liberal pundits to interpret the facts for us any longer. With good information from objective sources, we can do that for ourselves now.
After all, it's no secret that the mainstream media don't report the news anymore. Good news about our thriving economy or the fact that Trump's policies are giving American business a much-needed boost is apparently too much to expect. Instead, the news is all about Trump's perceived failings, 24 hours a day, while ignoring the news people really need to know. And the ratings of news networks show this, which is a sign that the public is a lot more discerning these days and the complacency of the American people is gone forever.
For example, though many of Trump's detractors may still be reveling in the Democratic wins on Tuesday, Trump actually came out a winner, as evidenced by these numbers:
- Trump lost 26 seats in the House but gained three seats in the Senate, not only maintaining but strengthening Republican control.
- In the midterm election of his first term, former president Barack Obama lost 63 seats in the House and nine in the Senate in 2010.
- At the same point of his presidency in 1994, Bill Clinton lost 54 seats in the House and nine in the Senate.
- Even Ronald Reagan in his first term in 1982 lost 26 seats in the House and broke even in the Senate.
When Americans look across the broad spectrum of Trump accomplishments, the president has, for the most part, lived up to his billing. He is a fighter, and he wants to restore the honor and prestige of the United States around the world. His critics claim he's just a self-serving businessman with no knowledge of politics, the economy or diplomacy. He has so little knowledge of foreign affairs, they said, he'll end up getting us into World War III. But when he made his first diplomatic visits to Israel, Europe, China, the Middle East and later the summit in Singapore, most cheered him as a hero. He spoke in Saudi Arabia, Paris and Warsaw, and he made headlines at the World Economic Forum in Switzerland, where he spelled out his pro-business agenda to the home turf of the international elites. The media did their best to downplay his success on the world stage, but it was obvious the president was doing an amazing job.
I explore in greater depth the president's seismic impact on culture and faith in America in Trump Aftershock, which released on Election Day. In the book, I seek to reveal unreported facts while objectively helping readers understand what the nation's most unlikely and unconventional president has accomplished, including a featured section on these advancements called "500 Days of American Greatness."
Buy your own copy of Trump Aftershock at trumpaftershock.com and listen to my podcast below!
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details