- Detoxification. Because wheatgrass is so loaded with antioxidants, it can bind up toxins, trap heavy metals and root out cancer-causing chemicals and carry them out of your body safely. It's rich in chlorophyll and other nutrients that help cell repair and bind to free radicals so they don't damage cells. Get the Internal Cleanse Kit with the free Colon Cleanse Kit along with the Wheatgrass Juice Powder for a powerful spring/summer cleanse.
- Weight Loss. Rich in nutrients that support your thyroid, wheatgrass juice helps boost your metabolism. Also, because it is so rich in nutrients, it satisfies the body's needs for the vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients it needs. Then cravings lessen or cease all together. That makes it much easier to eat less and say no to fattening foods.
- Lowers Cholesterol. High cholesterol in the blood contributes to diminished blood flow and can lead to heart disease. Taking wheatgrass has shown significant reduction in cholesterol along with improvement in the good HDL. Wheatgrass stimulates the production of glutathione in the liver, thus helping to lower LDL cholesterol. Cholesterol is made in the liver. Support and cleanse the liver and cholesterol should lower. If you try a liver cleanse, you should see your cholesterol go down. (See 30-Day Detox.) I don't recommend cholesterol-lowering drugs. My cousin's husband took a popular drug for his cholesterol and it ruined his life. He has terrible pain in his legs that seems to travel around his body from time to time. None of the natural therapy doctors have been able to help him. He has talked with numerous people such as the man he met online who said that drug nearly killed him.
- Boosts your immune system. Just 2 ounces (or the equivalent in powder) of wheatgrass juice per day can keep you from getting colds and flu. It can also improve your response to seasonal allergies.
- Lowers blood pressure. Wheatgrass helps to open up blood vessels and increases blood flow.
- Sparks up energy. Feeling a bit tired these days? Wheatgrass juice is very energizing. In fact, don't drink it much after 2 p.m. or it could keep you awake at night due to its energizing effects. And by opening your blood vessels, it can help you get more oxygen to your brain. It's also a great pre-workout supplement.
- Balances hormones. If you have an imbalance in your hormones, you may experience PMS or menopausal symptoms. Wheatgrass helps regulate thyroid and adrenal function and balances the release of hormones. When your adrenals are working up to speed, you feel more balanced, you have more energy and you sleep better. For further adrenal support, I recommend Vitality Renew. For hormone balancing, try FemComfort.
Cherie Calbom, M.S., holds a Master of Science in whole foods nutrition from Bastyr University. Known as "The Juice Lady" for her work with juicing and health, she is the author of 32 books, including her latest book ,The Juice Lady's Guide to Fasting. She and her husband offer juice-cleanse retreats throughout the year, 30-Day detox online and Garden's Best Juice Powder. "What You Can Do When Your Healing Doesn't Come" is one point from her teaching "7 Keys to Your Supernatural Healing." You can connect with Cherie at juiceladycherie.com.
This article originally appeared at juiceladycherie.com.
Connect with God in a deeper way as you read His Word. Select Bibles are now 50% OFF plus Free Shipping and a Free Gift. Show me the Bibles!
Encounter the Holy Spirit and develop a relationship that saturates you in His peace, love and joy. Explore the Life in the Spirit Series.
FREE GIFT! Download Pastor Bill Johnson's 40-page mini eBook, The War In Your Head, and unlock your supernatural lifestyle. CLICK HERE