My husband said this morning how thankful he is that we have dodged this terrible cold and flu season. Though we have had days where we felt like we were really fighting something, it never got us down. He said it has to be the juices and our clean diet.
If you are fighting a cold or the flu or you feel like it's biting your heels or has taken you down, here's what you can do for faster recovery:
- Juice, juice, juice. Drink at least three 10-ounce glasses of veggie juice each day. Don't drink fruit juices because that is too much sugar. That will weaken your immune system. Flavor with lemon or lime juice. Add virus-fighting ginger and fresh turmeric to your juices. Juice up lots of greens.
- Vitamin D. Get some sun if you have any to soak up. If not, take supplemental vitamin D. This will go a long way to shortening the duration of a cold or flu.
- Eat no sweets or refined carbs. Sugar of all types weakens your immune system.
- Get plenty of sleep. Powerful healing hormones are released during deep sleep.
- Stay hydrated. Drink at least eight glasses of purified water each day.
- Raw garlic will boost your immune system. It has natural antibiotic properties. You can add it to juice or chop it up and put on salads or even just swallow it with water. For the most potent effect, finely mince 1-2 cloves of garlic and float in a small glass of water. Drink it quickly.
- Drink hot liquids. Herbal tea is very helpful.
- Homemade chicken soup. It has natural antibiotic properties. I have a great recipe in Souping is the New Juicing.
- Cinnamon is antiviral and antibiotic.
- Hydrate and rest: If you are running a fever (which means it is fighting the illness) the best support you can give is to stay well hydrated on water and herbal teas and get plenty of rest. The body needs several extra hours of rest a day when ill, and several extra glasses of water too. If you are running a fever, it is easy to get dehydrated, so drink plenty of water!
- Take 500 mg. of vitamin C every hour to bowel tolerance (loose stool). Then cut back by 500 mg; and that's your dose for each day until well.
- Drink raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar in water. Mix 1 tablespoon in a glass of water and drink daily until well. This is alkalizing and helps kill bacteria and viruses.
Cold – Flu Fighter
- 1 cucumber
- 2 ribs celery
- 1-2 inch chunk ginger root
- 1-inch fresh turmeric (or 1/4 tsp turmeric powder)
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 kale leaves
Juice all ingredients and enjoy!
Cherie Calbom, M.S., holds a Master of Science in whole foods nutrition from Bastyr University. Known as "The Juice Lady" for her work with juicing and health, she is the author of 32 books, including her latest book The Juice Lady's Guide to Fasting. She and her husband offer juice-cleanse retreats throughout the year, 30-Day Detox online and Garden's Best Juice Powder. "What You Can Do When Your Healing Doesn't Come" is one point from her teaching "7 Keys to Your Supernatural Healing." You can connect with Cherie at juiceladycherie.com.
This article originally appeared at juiceladycherie.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details