The Supreme Court made the decision to legalize gay marriage throughout our nation. While it deeply grieves me to see how far we have strayed, it doesn't surprise me. We are living in times where our faith will be tested. These are times in which we will be ridiculed for our beliefs and perhaps even incarcerated for holding the Word of God as our voice of truth.
As someone who has walked away from homosexuality and now has a ministry that helps men and women who desire to come out of this lifestyle, I have the responsibility to stay grounded in what I know is true. But it doesn't stop there; you, also have the responsibility to remain steadfast without caving in to the pressures of this world.
The Supreme Court cannot redefine what they didn't create. Marriage is a covenant, a sacred bond between a man and a woman instituted by and publicly entered into before God. Marriage is intended to be a lifetime commitment since it was established by God.
Marriage represents a serious vow that should not be entered into lightly or unadvisedly. It involves a solemn promise or pledge, not merely to one's marriage partner, but before God. Marriage is also a human agreement between a man and a woman; it is the most intimate of all human relationships resulting in a "one-flesh" union.
So, what happens now? We pray and we act. We pray that the Holy Spirit will open the eyes of the lost. Honestly, I cannot expect them to understand the truth if the truth has not been revealed to them. I was once lost in sin, I once wanted to get married to a woman, BUT I had an encounter with God. It changed everything. So, yes, we continue to pray. In the words of Billy Graham, "It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict, God's job to judge, and my job to love."
We must act and continue to be a beacon of light in a dark world. We continue to stand for God's word in spite of the backlash. We stand alongside those who will be unjustly targeted by the gay community and we fight for our religious freedoms. We must continue to be bold, strong, and uncompromising in our faith and walk as a true Christ followers. We must be as bold as lions and meek as lambs. And we must never forget that although we may lose a few battles, He has already won the war.
Janet Boynes is the founder of Janet Boynes Ministries, a nondenominational outreach that ministers to individuals questioning their sexuality and those who wish to leave homosexuality. As the author of Called Out, Boynes chronicles her story of living as a lesbian for 14 years until God called her out of that lifestyle. Read more of her story here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details