Since that time, God has been placed at the bottom of my daughter's list of life's priorities, but at least He's still on the list. Realizing that my fumbled attempts to minister to her about her "challenge" had been based on my love for her, the relationship I have with my daughter has continued to be open and loving.
We know that in time, the Holy Spirit will provide all the courage my daughter needs to approach church again. Hopefully she will be afforded the dignity and respect she needs from church fellowship as she, just like any other Christian, works on her own particular challenges. Newfound love must have a nurturing and caring environment for it to grow. Rooted in compassionate love for all individuals, regardless of who they are, and providing ongoing education and monitored growth can only ensure that the church actually helps each individual realize the blessed life that God has always intended for them.
My husband and I have accepted now that unless her desire to seek God for herself is sincere, my daughter's relationship with God will be meaningless. Love cannot be forced, but once it has been ignited nothing can stop its dramatic effects. Nothing is impossible for God. As parents of a gay daughter, we must continue on with unquestionable faith and respect for His timing. The same love that conquers all is also the fountain from which patience and perseverance spring and it will be that same love that sees us through to the end, no matter what.
© Angela V. Rohse. Reprinted with permission from JustBetweenUs.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details