Global Media Outreach—the leader in online evangelism—is on pace to top 2 billion gospel presentations worldwide by June 2020.
Founded in 2004, the internet ministry pioneer has touched lives in every country on earth, presenting the gospel an average of 350,000 times a day and seeing 223 million decisions for Christ to date.
"In the early days of the worldwide web, these questions came to me, 'What if we could put God's Word on the internet?'" said Global Media Outreach Founder and Chairman Walt Wilson, who was on Apple's MacIntosh development team. "What if we could meet people at their point of need? What if we could bring them to Calvary's cross and then disciple them?' Clearly, as we surpass 2 billion people hearing the gospel, the answer is, with God making it possible, this is what can happen!"
Global Media Outreach employs emerging technology created for business to reach people through social media; email; online advertisements; voice technology and a proprietary, secure messaging system. As individuals respond to the gospel online, they receive support to grow in their faith and are connected to the Christian community.
Those indicating a faith decision access Bible study and discipleship material online and enjoy connection to one of the organization's 3,500 online missionaries—1,500 in the U.S. and 2,000 international volunteers who speak 50 different languages—who answer questions, pray for, and guide new and recommitting believers on their spiritual journey through a safe and anonymous system.
Global Media Outreach also has begun teaming up with other leading ministry organizations that are the "best in class" for their particular specialty. One example is a partnership with an international digital Bible distributor. Together, the partners will experience more than 1 million Bible downloads in 2020.
"Global Media Outreach exists to share Jesus online with those who do not know Him, grow new believers in their faith and then connect them with a local Christian community," said Global Media Outreach President Jeff Gowler. "Share. Grow. Connect. By engaging new media channels and developing new partnerships, we are putting lost and hurting people the world over on a new path for a new life.
"In 2004, Walt Wilson made the bold prediction that by 2020 Global Media Outreach would reach 1 billion people with the Good News of Jesus Christ through the internet. People thought he was crazy. But by God's grace, we achieved this goal in 2016. And now, we have doubled that objective in only four years! We now have the people, platform and infrastructure to reach 2 million gospel presentations a day. On this trajectory and with the Lord's help, we will exceed a total reach of 4 billion people in the next two years. Now that's a big vision!"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details