Kanye West and Joel Osteen aren't done hanging out. The two Christian celebrities are reportedly planning to host an event at Yankee Stadium in New York City—and they're planning to fill the venue to capacity.
Sources told TMZ that West and Osteen will launch their "mega event" on May 2, 2020, as part of Osteen's "America's Night of Hope" tour.
West and Osteen made headlines recently when West spoke and performed at Lakewood Church on Sunday, Nov. 17. West took part of his time on the stage to defend Osteen and his emphasis on positivity and prosperity.
"They're attempting to take prayer out of schools," West says. "When you remove the fear and love of God, you create the fear and love of everything else. ... Reinstate the fear and love of God, and eliminate the fear and love of everything else. That slight difference of wording, I got that from Joel. Because there's a lot of people in the Christian community that try to give Joel a hard time, because when you turn on the radio, he keeps on showing you how good God is. God is not the enemy. God is not the negative part. God is not just a perception of fire and brimstone. God is love. He's the greatest. He's glory. God is family. God is friendship. God is prosperity. Keep our eye on the sparrow. Keep your eye on the beauty and the love and the grace of God, the grace that allows us to be here today with all of our sins. We know that when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we know that we will be granted eternal life."
Osteen allegedly thought West's appearance Lakewood went so well that he asked the rapper when the two could get together again publicly. They decided on Yankee Stadium, which can seat 54,251 people, but they're still working out some other details, TMZ says.
The two men have reportedly been becoming friends since West's conversion to Christianity earlier this year.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details