Join us on our podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
Up to 70 percent of Americans are addicted to prescription drugs and pay $280 billion a year in the process. The big drug companies make more money than you ever dreamed possible by turning the American people into the most doped up people in the history of the planet. In America today, the number of people hooked on legal drugs absolutely dwarfs the number of people hooked on illegal drugs. This is particularly true when it comes to antidepressants and painkillers. I know so many people using them. They have told me that they are addicted and they don’t know what to do to stop.
Sadly, the number of people killed by legal drugs absolutely dwarfs the number of people killed by illegal drugs. Most Americans assume that if a drug is “legal” that it must be safe. However, I am not including you, my readers, in this category. Many of you have been reading my newsletters and emails and books and CD’s for decades. You already know the truth!
Most people believe that the big pharmaceutical companies and the federal government would never allow us to take anything that would hurt us, right? Sadly, the truth is that they do not really care about us. In fact, they have a fiduciary responsibility to sell us as many drugs as possible to make the highest profits. They do not really care that prescription painkillers are some of the most addictive drugs on the entire planet and that they kill more Americans each year than heroin and cocaine combined. They do not care that antidepressants are turning tens of millions of Americans into zombies and can significantly increase the chance of suicide. All the big pharmaceutical companies really care about is making as much money as they possibly can.
Here are 20 things you need to know about prescription drugs, along with my commentary:
1. According to a study conducted by the Mayo Clinic, 70 percent of Americans are on at least one prescription drug. An astounding 20 percent of all Americans are on at least five prescription drugs. I know folks that are on over a dozen. Most of them walk around in a zombie state.
When you combine the drugs with the fluoride it is no wonder most Americans don’t know what is going on in the world scene. They are content to sit in front of the idiot box for six hours a day in an alpha brain wave state, drooling on themselves while watching sports shows and drinking beer!
That way they can sort of dream they are in the arena and they are actually rooting for someone or a team.
The truth is the majority of the population of the USA has been lulled into a trance by poisonous fluoride and prescription drugs. Fluoride calcifies your pineal gland. The pineal gland is the part of the brain that allows you to have discernment and insight. Fluoride destroys that ability by turning the pineal gland to stone.
2. According to the CDC, approximately 9 out of every 10 Americans that are at least 60 years of age say that they have taken at least one prescription drug within the last month.
3. The 11 largest pharmaceutical companies combined to rake in approximately $85,000,000,000 in profits in 2012. This is why they exert such control!
4. During 2013, Americans will spend more than $280 billion on prescription drugs. My family, however, will not be spending money on prescription drugs! We do spend a few dollars on eating non GMO foods, making our own distilled water, and taking supplements. But, guess what? I am not in a Fluoride-induced stupor. I feel great and I am 57 years young. One of my friends, Fred, who has known me for 25 years, said to me yesterday, “You still have the energy of an 18-year-old.” Quite frankly, I do have tremendous energy. I will be the first to admit I am a lot wiser than I was at 18, and I am a lot more careful on participating in high risk activities. But, it’s nice to know that I can still scuba dive and strap on 50 pounds of gear. I am not bragging. I am just trying to share with you why I feel so good. Hopefully, if you are a new reader you can pick up a few pointers.
5. According to Alternet, last year “11 of the 12 new-to-market drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration were priced above $100,000 per-patient per-year”...Quick question: How is that supposed to work ? Really?
6. The CDC says that spending on prescription drugs more than doubled between 1999 and 2008. This is because again the masses sit in front of the idiot box in an alpha brain wave state wondering why they feel so bad. Then suddenly another drug commercial appears, promising them eternal youth, vitality, and tremendous energy. So for a few seconds, they wipe off their drool, put their beer down, and call their doctor to get another drug. They have to do it immediately or their memory is so destroyed by the aspartame they drink and eat and the MSG in the chips that they are eating with their beer, that they won’t remember in 20 minutes what the drug commercial promised them! Oh, but wait! That same commercial is on all the channels as they surf between sports shows. They will see it over and over again until they finally succumb to the lie and get on yet another drug. Think I am kidding? Well, maybe I am just a little. But the sad truth is that this analogy rings all too true for the majority of Americans. If you don’t believe me, go to Walmart at night. While you are there, check out the long line to the pharmacy. Also go ahead and check out their vitamins that are made in China. Who knows what poison they contain! To break the topic here for a minute, it always amazes me that folks who use cheap, synthetic vitamins, claim their vitamins do not work. Of course they don’t work! Why are they surprised? They are lucky if these vitamins don’t poison them with melamine. Don’t buy any indigestible products from China!
7. Many prescription drugs cost about twice as much in the United States as they do in other countries. It seems it is important to gouge the American consumer at every chance.
8. One study found that more than 20 percent of all American adults are taking at least one drug for “psychiatric” or “behavioral” disorders. This explains a lot. There are so many folks who are so unhappy. They need a relationship with God Almighty through Jesus Christ. Here’s what I have learned. Money only makes you more of what you already are. If you are unhappy, you can be really miserable with money. If you are a giver and you get a big inheritance, you just give more. It’s simply a magnifying glass. Please stop buying things you do not need with money you do not have to impress people you do not know, or even people you do know.
If you are going to spend money do it to stay healthy. That’s a great investment that pays huge dividends. Remember its a lot easier not to get cancer than it is to cure it. The Bible says it another way—obedience is better than sacrifice. If you are interested in what the Bible says about health watch this on scriptural nutrition.
9. The percentage of women taking antidepressants in America is higher than in any other country in the world. “You have come a long way, baby.” “You can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan and it never lets your man forget he’s a man” (If you don’t remember that jingle it’s from a Maybelline cosmetic add back in the 1970s).
10. Children in the United States are three times more likely to be prescribed antidepressants than children in Europe.
This is one is my pet peeves. Drugs and kids! Please see my article Suicide drugs on this. By the way, I did write a book on this one.
11. A shocking Government Accountability Office report discovered that approximately one-third of all foster children in the United States are on at least one psychiatric drug. In fact, the report found that many states seem to be doping up foster children as a matter of course. Just check out these stunning statistics:
In Texas, foster children were 53 times more likely to be prescribed five or more psychiatric medications at the same time than non-foster children. In Massachusetts, they were 19 times more likely. In Michigan, the number was 15 times. It was 13 times in Oregon. And in Florida, foster children were nearly four times as likely to be given five or more psychotropic medications at the same time compared to non-foster children.
The foster program is a huge industry. It is full of pedophiles, drugs, and physical and mental abuse.
12. In 2010, the average teen in the U.S. was taking 1.2 central nervous system drugs. Those are the kinds of drugs that treat conditions such as ADHD and depression.
13. The total number of Americans taking antidepressants doubled between 1996 and 2005.
14. All of those antidepressants do not seem to be working too well. The suicide rate for Americans between the ages of 35 and 64 rose by close to 30 percent between 1999 and 2010. The number of Americans that are killed by suicide now exceeds the number of Americans that die as a result of car accidents. Always remember that antidepressants can cause suicide.
15. According to the National Household Survey on Drug Abuse, 36 million Americans have abused prescription drugs at some point in their lives.
16. A survey conducted for the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that more than 15 percent of all U.S. high school seniors abuse prescription drugs. The alcohol statistics are also awful.
17. According to the CDC, approximately three quarters of a million people a year are rushed to emergency rooms in the United States because of adverse reactions to pharmaceutical drugs.
18. According to the Los Angeles Times, drug deaths (mostly caused by prescription drugs) are climbing at an astounding rate. Drug fatalities more than doubled among teens and young adults between 2000 and 2008, years for which more detailed data are available. Deaths more than tripled among people aged 50 to 69, the Times analysis found. In terms of sheer numbers, the death toll is highest among people in their 40s.
19. In the United States today, prescription painkillers kill more Americans than heroin and cocaine combined.
20. Each year, tens of billions of dollars are spent on pharmaceutical marketing in the United States alone. Stay away from the television box. Mute the commercials.
The sad truth is that the American people are reaping what they have sown. Most have now due to MSG and fluoride become incapable of concrete rational thought.
I do not see any of these tends changing. The drug companies, along with the big banks, have won. But thanks be to God our hope is in Christ Jesus!
The Book of Revelation is upon us. We must now help those who are willing to listen and take a stand. Remember, faith without action is meaningless.
Please turn off the TV. Never listen to mainstream news. Pray like you have never prayed before. Believe that God will once again turn his face towards America and give us hope and a future.
Better yet, let’s stand together on Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Dr. Ted Broer, a university-trained biochemist, exercise physiologist and licensed nutritionist, nearly died of heart disease at the age of 27. He has spent nearly two decades studying the relationships between nutrition, exercise, disease and premature death.
For the original article, visit healthmasters.com.
For a limited time, we are extending our celebration of the 40th anniversary of Charisma. As a special offer, you can get 40 issues of Charisma magazine for only $40!
NEW from CHARISMA: Do you want to encounter the Holy Spirit and hear God speak to you? Increase your faith, discover freedom, and draw near to God! Click Here