Join us on our podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
As part of its mission to deliver quality educational programming, Regent University has entered into a multifaceted educational collaboration with the Potter’s House, the 30,000-member church in Dallas, and TDJ Enterprises, a for-profit entity led by T.D. Jakes.
“What a privilege for Regent University to join with the Potter’s House and TDJ Enterprises,” says Regent President Carlos Campo. “This relationship with T.D. Jakes provides us with an incredible opportunity to powerfully connect with a broad-based international community, and we look forward to working together on many projects.”
Regent’s reputation for excellence in academic programs and its capacity to manage the business side of educational programming was attractive to the leadership under the aegis of T.D. Jakes. Both the Potter’s House and TDJ Enterprises currently offer an extensive array of non-credit courses, which Regent’s division of professional and continuing education (PCE) can now certify.
“Regent University provides world-class Christian educational resources to complement our premiere conferences, seminars and other content delivery systems,” says T.D. Jakes, CEO of TDJ Enterprises. “This collaboration offers our faith-centric audiences a gateway to professional learning tools that advance the work of the ministry while also supporting those laymen looking to enhance their corporate leadership and entrepreneurial credentials.”
According to the memorandum of understanding, the collaboration begins with five initiatives:
- The Potter’s House will be a Take 2 Through College partner. Take 2 is a scholarship, mentoring and leadership program designed to increase college enrollment and graduation rates for high school students with extraordinary academic and leadership potential who may be overlooked by traditional college selection processes, especially African-American and Latino men.
- Bishop Jakes will serve as a distinguished visiting lecturer at Regent. He will visit campus each semester for intensive leadership programs and activities in several of Regent’s schools.
- Regent will provide registration and certification for the Potter’s House educational programs. The Potter’s House launched the first certificate offerings at its International Pastors and Leadership Conference (April 25-27) in Dallas and will continue to build its onsite presence at the highly anticipated MegaFest event, also in Dallas, Aug. 29-31.
- The Potter’s House will make Regent’s online programs available to its network.
- Regent will provide corporate partner benefits to the Potter’s House. These benefits include a tuition discount on Regent programs for Potter’s House employees.
To move the collaboration forward, representatives from the Potter’s House and TDJ Enterprises attended Regent’s launch of Take 2 in mid-April and also met with staff from Regent's PCE to begin forming plans for educational offerings.
Leaders are readers! Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Ministry Today, Charisma and SpiritLed Woman all for $24. YES - Sign me up!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click Here to draw closer to God!