Will Graham is getting quite a welcome in Kenya.
Moments after arriving in Nakuru with his wife, Kendra, he was greeted with a parade through the city's downtown quarters.
"Just arrived in Nakuru! What a reception," Graham posted on his Twitter account, @TellaGraham. "I've never had a reception like that before."
The grandson of Billy Graham and son of Franklin Graham will be preaching three nights at the Will Graham Celebration of Peace Nakuru from Friday to Sunday at Githma (Mama Scrape Grounds). All events are free.
Wednesday's downtown parade was just a taste of the excitement that is brewing in Kenya, where Billy Graham preached at two crusades in Nairobi (1960, 1976) and Kisumu (1960).
"May God use you like he used your grandfather," Violet V. Ongayi posted on Will Graham's Facebook page.
"It is wonderful to have you visit Kenya and your grandfather was here in the '70s," Lily Wairium added on Facebook.
Over 2,700 fans from Kenya are now following Will Graham on Facebook, the most of any country, with a majority of them joining this past week.
"Welcome to Kenya and preach," Joseph Mutuku wrote.
"Thanks my brother for the commitment," Winstone Omucheyi posted. "Welcome and give us the Gospel according to the Great Commission!"
And Joseah Bett added: "Bro Will, you are most welcome to Kenya. Thanks for visiting Tenwek, our hospital, our home."
Graham made a visit to Tenwek Hospital on Sunday in Bomet, Kenya, where he tweeted that he met with "Mary, an amazing lady who started the nursing school at Tenwek Hospital with the help of Samaritan's Purse."
On Friday, Graham spent the day visiting some Samaritan's Purse projects, including one at Wilson Airport.
"Visited with my friends at AIM AIR in Nairobi," he tweeted.
Used with permission from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer