From senators to congressmen and congresswomen to retired military officers to the families of the 13 who were killed in front of the Kabul airport, some are beginning to call for the impeachment of Joe Biden for the manner in which he handled the Afghanistan situation.
Speaking in front of the Capitol, Congressman Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., joined Congressman Louie Gohmert, R-Texas; Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., and others, saying, "They have utterly failed to fulfill the most basic responsibility of an administration."
"I was in the service when Jimmy Carter betrayed America, and I never dreamed I would see such dishonor again," Gohmert said.
"Leave now—you have betrayed our country," Boebert said, raising her voice as she sternly warned Biden. She expressed special concern for Christians abandoned in Afghanistan, asking the church to "please pray for all of us that the Holy Spirit would give us wisdom and courage to know what to do."
Biggs echoed Boebert's words with a call to believers to pray for the Christians in Afghanistan. "Pray that we can rescue them and that God would give us all wisdom to move forward at this humiliating hour," he said.
Reporters questioned the lawmakers about a letter to The New York Times from a key commander in the Afghan military, who said, "Afghanistan was purposely betrayed with all technical information and codes were taken away from the Afghan military. The U.S. government shut Baghram Air Base down prior to the Taliban takeover. Air cover was suddenly taken away, which rendered the 300,000-member Afghan Army, which was trained by the U.S., unable to wage even a simple fight.
The thoughts expressed by each of the Congressmen revolved around their beliefs that the whole process was in fact planned and organized, including the leaving of over $80 billion in equipment and the turning over of the largest American military base in the world.
Those with family, friends or Afghan nationals who served can visit theworldhelpline.org and click "help" to enter the information of those still in Afghanistan and to assist believers in ongoing efforts with their evacuation from the country.
Amir George directs The World Helpline at theworldhelpline.org. To help in these efforts, click here.
Follow breaking news like this on our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details