Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
Sometimes, you have to take a stand.
But as Caleb Cooper, pastor of New Hope Revival Church in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network, in his case, a strong stance brought supernatural breakthrough.
"We took one of the strongest stances in the state," Cooper says. "We were on a head-on collision with law enforcement, based on the governor and some of the [other authorities who were] able to release that voice against the church."
The faculty members at Seattle Pacific University—a Christian college in Washington state—have cast a vote of "no confidence" in the leadership of the school's board of trustees, which, last week, voted to affirm a biblical interpretation of sexuality.
In total, the university's faculty senate received responses from 90% of all faculty members, 72% of whom favored the vote of the no confidence while 22% said they opposed it, according to The Seattle Times.
"The board's decision to maintain SPU's discriminatory hiring policy related to human sexuality, as well as its manner of delivering that decision, have regrettably compelled the faculty of SPU to pass a vote of no confidence in the SPU board of trustees," read a statement from the faculty senate, adding that the decision by the school's leadership "imperil[s] the ability of SPU and its community to flourish."
The unfolding events in Modesto, California, read like something from a bygone era. A full 2 hours before the start, the tent housing Mario Murillo Ministries was half full, and we moved up the worship start to 5:45 P.M.
This is California. California, where, supposedly, people do not want God. And even hate God. California, where they are overscheduled and underwhelmed with the idea of having to show up early for anything. Right?
We rented 500 extra chairs, but almost immediately, they were filled. We used a tent much larger than our old tent, and still the overflow was larger than any previous tent crusade. Thousands came.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details