Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis announced in a press conference Wednesday a proposed civics education curriculum for the state, one that would "expressly exclude" critical race theory.
"Florida's civics curriculum will incorporate foundational concepts with the best materials, and it will expressly exclude unsanctioned narratives like critical race theory and other unsubstantiated theories," DeSantis said. "Let me be clear: There is no room in our classrooms for things like critical race theory.
"Teaching kids to hate their country and to hate each other is not worth one red cent of taxpayer money."
DeSantis' proposed $106 million curriculum would instead focus on both creating a "lasting legacy" for Sunshine State teachers as well as working toward making "Florida the national leader in civics education."
The full details of the proposed plan can be found at flgov.com:
— Creation of the Florida Civics Seal of Excellence—a new professional licensure endorsement for educators in civics education.— A $3,000 bonus for educators who complete training and earn the Civics Seal of Excellence endorsement.— $16.5 million for additional training, professional development and classroom support for educators and principals seeking to elevate civics education in Florida schools.— Creation of regional civics coaches to provide supports for teachers in building out civics programs.— Over $17 million to bolster Florida's civics curriculum and expedite the implementation of Florida's B.E.S.T. Standards into Florida K-12 public schools.— $6.5 million for a career pathway program to launch pilot programs for public service incubators to develop partnerships between secondary schools and government institutions, allowing students to explore government and public administration and inspire the next generation of leaders in Florida.
"Through this plan we will preserve, elevate and expand access to civics education for the children of today and the classrooms of tomorrow," DeSantis said to a round of applause.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details