My Faith Votes, a nonpartisan organization that mobilizes people of faith to vote in local, state and national elections, issues the following statement:
We would like to extend our sincere thanks to former President Donald Trump for issuing the proclamation of National Sanctity of Human Life Day, which will be observed on Jan. 22, 48 years to the day Roe v. Wade legalized abortion in our nation.
My Faith Votes is built on the pillars of religious freedom, the sanctity of life, strong families and marriages and compassion and support for those in need. As such we believe all life is sacred because all people are created in the image of God. The unborn are the most vulnerable members of our society and they deserve to be protected. National Sanctity of Human Life Day is a major step forward for our nation, which has long championed the inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all.
Moreover, we call our brothers and sisters in faith to join us in prayer for the Biden administration and for our 117th Congress. In Scripture, God clearly commands us to pray for our leaders, regardless of our political party affiliation. While it may be tempting to blame division and violence on those who do not think or believe as we do, we know none of us are exempt from sin, and our nation cannot be healed without repentance.
All of us are in desperate need of daily guidance from our sovereign and loving God. Our elected officials and those in positions of power and authority are no exception. We should mourn the division and violence in our nation and pray God will grant the Biden administration divine wisdom for the days to come.
My Faith Votes offers free prayer guides to help Christians pray for government officials, elections and sanctity of life issues, a devotional guide for families, a weekly email devotional and a prayer letter to send to representatives in Congress.
More information on My Faith Votes is available here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details