Odessa Crossroads Church Executive Pastor Kenny Comstock and his wife, Melissa, died in an automobile accident Thursday in New Mexico. The couple was reportedly on their way to Ruidoso with their three children also in the car.
Pastor Comstock died at the scene. Melissa Comstock died at the hospital. The children, ages 6, 4 and 1, survived. The oldest and youngest were not seriously injured, and the middle child underwent surgery and is expected to make a full recovery.
The accident occurred in the morning as the Comstock family traveled on U.S. 380 just west of Tatum. According to the New Mexico State Police, the driver of a Mercedes crossed the center line and collided with the Ford pickup driven by Pastor Comstock. The investigation is ongoing.
To inform friends and church members of the loss, a message from the church's lead pastor, Jeremiah Ramer, was posted to the church's Facebook page providing information on the parents' deaths and a brief comment on the health of the children.
The message also said: "In moments like this we turn to the Word of God and 2 Cor. 1:3-4, 'The Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles.' Please pray for God's comfort for Kenny's and Melissa's families as they mourn the loss of their son and daughter, brother and sister. Continue to pray for their children, who are beginning life without their mom and dad."
Dear CROSSROADS Family, There is no easy way to deliver news like this. Last night our Executive Pastor Kenny...Posted by Crossroads Odessa Texas on Friday, September 25, 2020
People from throughout the United States expressed their condolences and ongoing prayers—whether members of the church, those who visit while in Texas or strangers who wanted to support the church during the time.
On Sunday morning before the first service following the loss, the following message was posted to the church's Facebook page: "The last few days have been tough for our Crossroads family. This morning, Lead Pastor Jeremiah Ramer is going to bring us a message of hope and assurance. We know where our hope is found and today, we need that reminder more than ever."
Ramer said Sunday when interviewed at the nondenominational church, "Today we're doing what Kenny would want us to do, and that is turning people towards Jesus, the only place we believe people can find hope in the midst of a tragedy, in the midst of sorrow and sadness like this. We just believe the only place you can turn to is Jesus, so we're turning to Him."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details