Louisiana State University offensive coordinator Steve Ensminger had a great deal to cheer about during the first half of the Tigers' College Football Playoff semifinal game against Oklahoma Saturday. But no one would blame Ensminger for his mind being far away from football.
About 90 minutes before the kickoff to the 2019 Peach Bowl, The Daily Advertiser reported that Ensminger lost his daughter-in-law, Carley McCord, in a plane crash in Lafayette, Louisiana. The small passenger plane was bound for Atlanta and crashed into an open field in Lafayette, killing five, including McCord, the wife of Ensminger's son, Steve Ensminger Jr.
LSU Coach Ed Orgeron extended his prayers to Ensminger's family. Ensminger continued to coach the Tigers' offense during their game with Oklahoma, which they led 49-14 at halftime.
"We heard the news. I told coach Ensminger, 'Our thoughts and our prayers are out to him," Orgeron told ESPN's Holly Rowe on the SEC Network. "There's not much we can say. Obviously, Steve, his wife, and his family are very distraught. But Steve's a Tiger, and he's a man, and he knows how to handle things."
McCord was a sports reporter, The Daily Advertiser reported. It also reported that LSU Sports Information Director Michael Bonnette confirmed that Orgeron was the one to deliver the news to Ensminger.
ESPN.com reported that the eight-passenger plane crashed into the parking lot of a post office about 1 mile from the Lafayette Regional Airport. Prayers poured into Ensminger Jr.'s Facebook page, including from rival schools.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details