The University of Vermont Medical Center forced a nurse to help perform an abortion against her will, according to the federal government.
Although the hospital says the allegation is untrue, the Office for Civil Rights sent a notice of violation against the medical center, according to NPR.
The James Dobson Family Institute praised the Trump administration for taking this stance. The organization's vice president of public policy, James Gottry, issues the following statement:
Doctors and nurses, those faithful men and women committed to preserving life, should never be required to take life. And yet a nurse at the University of Vermont Medical Center (UVMMC) was coerced into participating in an abortion.
We applaud the actions of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, which announced today that it is taking action against the UVMMC. The Medical Center blatantly violated the law by forcing a nurse to participate in an abortion, and by maintaining a policy that will force additional personnel to participate in abortion procedures despite moral or religious objections.
Abortion ends the life of an unborn child. It irrevocably alters the lives of the baby's mother and father. And it wounds those who participate—whether willingly or unwillingly.
Health care professionals should never be forced to choose between their calling and their conscience. Unless we vigorously defend freedom of conscience, tragic stories like this will continue to become reality.
Americans must let their voices be heard. Join us in thanking President Trump; Roger Severino, director of the Office for Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and this administration for recognizing the importance of protecting freedom of conscience and the sanctity of human life.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer