On the heels of a bitter nomination fight over Judge Brett Kavanaugh that prompted a national conversation about sexual assault, Bible study speaker Beth Moore used her ministry platform over the weekend to engage in a powerful healing moment for many survivors of sexual, physical and emotional abuse.
Speaking at an event for Native American women in Chinle, Arizona, she stepped back while longtime drummer Kevin Jones knelt before the audience, asking forgiveness for past hurts by men.
In a series of tweets Monday morning, Moore called it the most powerful moment of the weekend.
She described Jones' apology, saying "he humbly & gladly stood before those women and on behalf of all men who had hurt them, voiced words like these: 'I am so sorry. Would you forgive us?' He told them of their worth and prayed on his knees for them."
Moore said tears began falling and that the Holy Spirit fell on the women. "How much more Christlike could this brother have been?" she asked. "He had committed no such sins against women. But he stood before them representing those who had. It was one of the most powerful things I've ever seen."
Moore said that Jones' humility made a big difference. "Sometimes healing starts just by hearing, 'I'm so sorry that happened to you,'" she said.
It's not the first time that the Living Proof Live ministry has tried such an experience. Moore said that the team has led several similar moments at recent events.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer