It's been nearly two years since Target made its ill-fated announcement regarding a dangerous and misguided policy that allows men in women's restrooms and fitting rooms, but the retailer still hasn't learned its lesson.
Over Easter weekend, according to NBC affiliates, a man allegedly entered the women's restroom at a Chicago Target store and exposed himself to a little girl. Chicago police are investigating the report from a woman and her daughter, who said that the man walked in on them in the women's bathroom, pushed his way into the stall the girl was using, exposed himself, then fled.
Instances like these sadden the American Family Association (AFA, afa.net), which is why the family organization is continuing strong on its highly successful, 1.5 million-signature #BoycottTarget initiative, which began in April 2016.
AFA leadership hopes the frightening incident will be a wake-up call to Target executives who refuse to acknowledge that their open-door policy is putting women and children in harm's way.
"Since this terrible policy at Target was announced nearly two years ago, dozens of women and children have been victimized inside Target stores," said AFA President Tim Wildmon. "When will Target learn? The retailer remains willfully ignorant to the link between this dangerous policy that welcomes predators and voyeurs and these traumatic experiences that are not likely to be forgotten by those who are scarred because of Target's decision. News reports interview people who are extremely upset about these incidents but Target does not seem to be concerned. This harmful and dangerous bathroom policy is a tragedy and has been from day one."
AFA initiated #BoycottTarget just a day after the bathroom policy was announced on Target's website. One million signatures were garnered in less than a month, and Americans can still get on board through the following actions:
- Keep the commitment to no longer shop at Target if you are one of the 1.5 million who have signed the pledge.
- Sign the #BoycottTarget pledge, if you haven't already.
- Encourage family and friends to sign the pledge, too, as boycott numbers climb over 1.5 million.
- Voice your concerns on Target's Facebook page.
- Call Target to politely let its executives know you've signed the #BoycottTarget pledge—Guest Relations, (800) 440-0680, option 1, then 1 again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer