Carman Licciardello, aka simply as Carman, finally tied the knot at 61.
The proverbial bachelor married Dana Licciardello over the weekend in Dallas.
"It's been a long time coming but Uncle Carm, the proverbial bachelor bit the dust tonight when I married the New Dana Licciardello in Dallas Texas," Carman posted to Facebook.
"It's a long day and a real miracle story that I'll share all the details in the days and weeks to come but let me just say this about the goodness of God: 4 years ago I was diagnosed with incurable cancer with a short time to live. Pushing 60, with no hope for a family or a long life. Most of my family has either passed away or live such distant lives that we never see each other. So my family had shrunk to My mother, my sister in law Sandy and my neice Loni. Just us 4. Today, I am 100% cancer free with a beautiful Godly wife and huge family "Literally" as big as Dallas. Add 3 new sisters, 7 nieces, 5 nephews, 1 son, 5 daughters and 9 grandchildren. A son in law whos a fireman Paramedic. And even a nephew who's an MMA fighter. I'm overwhelmed with Family. God has restored me in 100 ways and it's only just beginning. I'll tell you more later but for tonight I'm asking you to rejoice with this miracle God has done," he says.
After 60 years of singlehood, many fans were curious if the entertainer would ever get married.
"Right now I have no plans but I'm open to it of course," Carman said in 2015.
"I'm just one of those people who's very content with wherever I am in life. Sometimes I have 1,000's of people around me and sometimes no one. I'm cool either way. I could live in a bus, a hotel, a farm, a small apartment or a mansion (and I've done them all) and be quite content with whatever lot in life God provides. I was content and happy laying in bed for 8 months with just a caregiver and my cat Phil. Or at a meet and greet after a concert with 100's of well wishers. I'm quite satisfied with the way my life is and don't grieve over things I don't have. God has been good to me and I enjoy each new day as a gift. As far as marriage, when the right one surfaces and it's the right time I'll do it. But till then, 'I'd rather want something I don't have, than have something I don't want.'"
The contemporary Christian music star was diagnosed with myeloma in February 2013. Myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cells, is deadly. Doctors gave him three to four years to live. But Carman, who has recorded 15 gold and platinum albums and videos and has sold more than 10 million records, refused to go down without an all-out war.
Instead of dying within the doctors' expectations, Carman is now starting a new life with his wife.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details