A federal lawsuit has been filed against Kentucky County Clerk Kim Davis for denying a man a license to marry his laptop computer. The plaintiff, Mark "Chris" Sevier, also has filed lawsuits against Governor Matt Bevin and Kentucky Attorney General Andy Beshear.
Sevier, a graduate of Vanderbilt Law School whose law license was suspended in 2011, previously filed similar suits in Texas and in Florida. Sevier says he is trying to prove that marriage between a same-sex couple has the same legitimacy as a human marrying an inanimate object.
"This lawsuit is frivolous," said Mat Staver, Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel. "There is obviously no right for a man to marry a machine. When you make gender irrelevant to a gender-based relationship you open Pandora's box and make a mockery out of marriage," said Staver.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details