A flight from Raleigh-Durham International Airport to LaGuardia Airport was stuck by lightning and forced to make an emergency landing, according to WABC-TV.
The lightning strike is the second lightning-based event this week. Chicago's Trump Tower was struck by lightning Tuesday.
CBS New York said the FAA released a statement: "Republic Airlines 4233, an Embraer E170, landed safely at John F Kennedy International Airport at 6:06 p.m. tonight after reporting a lightning strike. The flight departed Raleigh-Durham International Airport en route to LaGuardia Airport. The FAA will investigate."
Lou Luca, a passenger on the flight, told WABC-TV, "There was a flash of light, a big explosion, the plane dipped about a hundred feet, I don't know, it felt like I was on a rollercoaster."
Though the plane was reportedly damaged, no passengers were injured.
Some are wondering if God is sending a message to America with these lightning strikes. Others say it's a coincidence.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.