Faith Driven Consumer, the group that launched the #IStandWithPhil campaign that advocated for Phil Robertson's return to Duck Dynasty, is pushing out another major petition campaign #HoustonWeHaveAProblem demanding that the city of Houston immediately "cease and desist all bullying and other offensive actions" against a group of pastors who are victims of an aggressive harassment effort at the hands of the city government.
The city is demanding that a group of pastors turn over any sermons—including personal correspondence such as emails—"dealing with homosexuality, gender identity or Annise Parker, the city's first openly lesbian mayor."
"Pastors are a critical part of the very fabric of American society. They have been iconic champions of major moral issues such as American Independence, abolishing slavery, women's suffrage, child labor laws, and civil rights. Now, a group of pastors who have continued this tradition are being bullied by the strong-arm tactics of the government of America's fourth-largest city—simply for preaching out of the same book that Houston's officials took their oath of office on," said Chris Stone, Founder of Faith Driven Consumer.
"Today, we are launching the#HoustonWeHaveAProblem petition drive at HoustonProblem.com because we know that untold millions of Americans are or will be outraged by this. We are asking people of conscience to sign up, stand with pastors everywhere and show the city of Houston that we will not tolerate intolerance."
Faith Driven Consumer's new #HoustonWeHaveAProblem petition campaign reminds everyone that "pastors have been at the very center of American society since even before our founding as a nation, and they remain an integral part of the lives of untold of millions of Americans today," that "our First Amendment protects freedom of speech and religion" and that "we...live in a society that values equality, including the notion that everyone has the right to publicly express deeply held beliefs without fear of persecution or reprisal."
Signers at HoustonProblem.com desire that "the city of Houston, in their quest to provide protection for LGBT citizens, to equally and explicitly acknowledge and ensure the equal rights of people of faith to live and express openly their deeply held religious beliefs."
Read the full petition at HoustonProblem.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details