Carnegie Hall has been host to many special events and some of the biggest acts in the entertainment business. The nation of Israel will take center stage at the world-famous venue Thursday night during “Honoring Israel at Carnegie Hall,” hosted by renowned pianist Dino Kartsonakis and his wife, Cheryl.
Other performers will include: Grammy and Dove Award-winning Christian artists Sandi Patty and Larnelle Harris, the Philadelphia Boys Choir, Denver and the Mile High Orchestra, operatic tenor Daniel Rodriguez and the Christian Cultural Center Chorale.
The Kartsonakis’ have made it a priority in their lives and the influence of their careers to work toward peace for Israel.
“Anti-Semitism is on the rise, and Israel is now surrounded by nations committed to her destruction,” Dino Kartsonakis said in a news release. “My friends, it is vital that we stand together.
“This is a very special moment as this amazing group of people comes together to honor Israel. In this hour of our history, it is essential that we [are] united around our shared values.”
Robert Stearns, founder of Eagles’ Wings and a leader in Jewish-Christian relations, said the evening will be an historic one.
“The evening of music and celebration in the historic Carnegie Hall is a statement of support, friendship and commitment,” Stearns said. “We hope to make it clear that our bond with Israel is stronger than ever.”
Proceeds from the event will go to feed hungry Jews, Arabs and Druze in Israel through the humanitarian nonprofit organization, Hope for Zion.
Harris has made four trips to Israel, which inspired his hymn, "I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked."
“That song always brings me to tears. I remember being in the Garden of Gethsemane on one visit to the Holy Land and being struck by the fact that I was standing in one of the last areas that Jesus stood before He was taken to be crucified,” Harris told Praiserichmond.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details