Bishop E.W. Jackson has studiously avoided involving STAND's "Exodus Now" movement with any explicit endorsement of Mitt Romney or opposition to President Barack Obama.
Nonetheless, speculation is growing that his movement could make a significant impact on the election as black Christians respond to his call to leave the Democratic Party, and not vote for Democratic candidates because the party is in "rank rebellion against God."
Jackson has called the Democratic Party "anti-Christian, anti-God, anti-Bible, anti-family and anti-life."
"The response has been overwhelmingly positive among Christians, black and white," says Jackson, who says he has received emails from black ministers all over the country indicating that they will not vote for the Democratic ticket because the party has deeply offended them, particularly by making same-sex marriage part of its platform.
Jackson points to a growing consensus among black church members that their Christianity will prevent them from voting for the first black president a second time. Most have not decided to vote for Mitt Romney and may stay home on Election Day. Some black pastors have gone so far as to tell their members that it would be a "sin" to vote for Obama, according to Jackson. Under the aegis of STAND, he still does not mention any specific candidates, but agrees that it is a "sin" to vote for anyone who opposes Christian values.
"I have been pleasantly surprised at the expressions of support coming from many black pastors and church members," says Jackson. "I have spoken in numerous black churches and been interviewed on a variety of black media. Most agree the statements and policies of the Democratic Party and the Obama administration is blatantly anti-Christian."
STAND begins radio advertising this week to take the message to gospel and Christian radio stations. Spots will air in Virginia, Jackson's home, and several other states.
"Let there be no mistake," says Jackson, "the upcoming election provides a context, but not the purpose. We have plans beyond any election. This is about saving a generation and a nation."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details