Former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke has announced his candidacy for the U.S. Senate in Louisiana as a Republican.
Last week, he hinted strongly that he would be making an announcement about running for office. But at the time, he suggested he would be running against his local congressman, U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise.
In announcing his candidacy, Duke made no explanation as to why he has decided to run for Senate instead of the House of Representatives. The incumbent, U.S. Sen. David Vitter, announced last year he would not seek re-election, which has drawn a large crowd to the primary race.
Including Duke, a dozen candidates have lined up to run in the primary. They are:
- U.S. Rep. John Fleming, a Republican
- U.S. Rep. Charles Boustany, a Republican
- Former U.S. Rep. Joseph Cao, a Republican
- Businessman Abhay Patel, a Republican
- Comedienne Kaitlin Marone, a liberal independent
- Former attorney Arden Wells, a "Dixiecrat" independent
- Businessman Gary Landrieu, a Democrat
- Former Alcohol and Tobacco Commissioner Troy Hebert, a Democrat
- Public Service Commissioner Foster Campbell, a Democrat
- Human rights activist Le Roy Gillam, a Libertarian
- Businessman Thomas Clements, an independent Libertarian
Louisiana has a non-partisan blanket primary election—also referred to as a "jungle primary"—in which all of the candidates will appear on the Nov. 8 general election ballot, regardless of political affiliation. If one candidate receives and outright majority, he or she wins election.
If not, the two candidates with the highest vote totals square off in a runoff election two weeks later.
See Duke's announcement below.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
AMAZING CHRISTMAS DEALS: (1) Buy A Set, Get A Set FREE on all Life in the Spirit Bundles. (2) Save 30%-60% on all Tote Bag plus Book Bundles. (3) Save 50% off Select Bibles plus receive a Free Gift. Visit the Charisma Store to view all our specials. U.S Residents always get FREE Shipping!
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!