The race for the Republican presidential nomination has become a foreign policy and national security debate, and U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) is using the opportunity to show how his foreign policy compares to that of President Obama.
Monday evening on FOX News' The Kelly File, Rubio spoke with stand-in host Shannon Bream about the distinct differences between the two policies. He said:
"The State Department is a disaster, and Barack Obama is a disaster, especially when it comes to ISIS. He has no strategy. All they care about is spinning the American public with all these sorts of political talking points."
The Obama administration is too focused on domestic politics, he added, which is compounding the problem. Rather than focusing on solving the problem, he said, the administration is too busy deciding what the "narrative" will be.
"That's the kind of thing you hear in a political campaign, not a national security debate," he told Bream.
Rubio said ISIS wants to kill America by infiltrating the country to conduct more attacks like those that took place in Paris and San Bernardino, California. He said ISIS also wants to capture more territory in the Middle East.
"This disastrous president we have is more focused on the narrative as if it is some sort of campaign commercial," he said. "This is not a laughing matter. This is a very serious issue, a life or death issue. Because either these terrorists win or we win. I know what the outcome I want (is), and that's one of the reasons I am running for president."
Rubio said that Obama needs to admit to Americans that, up to now, his strategy hasn't worked well and then "outline clearly" what will be done going forward. Instead, however, the president has stuck with his strategy, and attempted to convince the public it was working.
"How can the American people have confidence that this president knows what he is doing on terrorism when he believes the greatest threat before the country and the world is global warming?" Rubio asked. "These terrorists are killing people and he spends all his time talking about things like global warming and cutting our military. So if he wants to turn those poll numbers around, about people having confidence in our success against terror, start having success against terror and be serious about it."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details