Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina didn't mince words when asked about Dr. Ben Carson's threat to leave the GOP if party leaders attempt to, in his words, steal the nomination away from the apparent winner of the primary and caucus race.
Fiorina was a guest on Hugh Hewitt's nationally syndicated radio program Friday evening when she was asked about Carson's comments. She said she refused to entertain the idea of leaving the party, "because I actually am a Republican."
"But I don't actually understand quite the point that Dr. Carson is making," she said. "Nobody in the party determines whether or not there's a brokered convention. The voters are going to determine whether there's a brokered convention. I mean, if someone goes into the, if no one goes into the convention with enough votes to be declared the winner, then it is a brokered convention. So you could make the case that a brokered convention does reflect the will of the people. So I was a little confused by his statement, honestly."
Hewitt then said he believes a brokered convention—one in which no one candidate has a majority of the delegates—is becoming more likely. He said he didn't necessarily think that would be a bad situation, as it would prevent presumptive Democratic Party nominee Hillary Clinton from attacking a specific Republican until after the convention.
Fiorina agreed it might not be a bad situation for the GOP, but noted there are some candidates—herself included—who would fare better than others against Clinton in the General Election.
"I think it's important to think through who is Hillary Clinton's worst nightmare," she said. "I think I'm the lump of coal in her stocking, and I think some of these candidates, Donald Trump in particular, are a big Christmas gift wrapped up under the tree for her."
Fiorina placed seventh in the polling used by CNN and the Republican National Committee to determine the placement of candidates on the stage for Tuesday night's fifth Republican candidate debate. The debate begins at 8:30 p.m. EST.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details