Investigations into the special counsel, and then counter-investigations on campaign surveillance allegations. An alleged payoff to cover an affair and an exposé of her attorney, too.
And those are just the headlines of the past week.
But one thing is consistent: 90 percent of the media coverage on President Donald Trump in the first four months of 2018 has been negative, reported Fox News, citing a study from the Media Research Center. Despite this, however, Trump's approval rating is ticking up point by point, from 37 percent in December to 43 percent in April.
Best-selling author of God and Donald Trump and award-winning journalist Stephen E. Strang isn't surprised—by either figure.
"The relationship between the media and President Trump has been like no other president before him," Strang said. "From Day One, they didn't know how to handle him—and still haven't figured it out. The night of Nov. 8, 2016, stymied the media; they never expected to cover his inauguration, let alone 18 months of his presidency. Yet, here we are. And for the most part, Trump has not played into their hands. He has skipped correspondents' dinners; aligned with certain, fairer members of the media regardless of the stature of their networks; and is now even threatening to revoke media credentials because of the unfair and inaccurate coverage. The truth is, the media doesn't know how to deal with a force like Donald Trump—and maybe that's how he prefers it."
In God and Donald Trump, Strang gives an inside look at the Donald Trump campaign, election and the presidency, including how he engaged with evangelicals and other faith groups to claim victory.
Strang is an award-winning journalist and successful businessman who began his career as a newspaper reporter at the Orlando Sentinel. He later founded a Christian publishing house and media company while interviewing and writing about nearly every Christian leader in the country over the past four decades.
For more information on God and Donald Trump, visit GodandDonaldTrump.com.
God and Donald Trump is published by Frontline, an imprint of Charisma House, which has published books that challenge, encourage, teach and equip Christians, including 14 New York Times best-sellers.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details