Thursday, the government watchdog group Judicial Watch announced it had filed a motion to compel former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to answer three interrogatory questions she refused to answer under oath.
The questions were allowed via court order issued by U.S. District Court Judge Emmet G. Sullivan in August. Judicial Watch's attorneys argue Clinton "failed to provide sufficient reasons for refusing to answer them, and the limited reasons she provides do not warrant sustaining her objections."
In her responses sent to Judicial Watch and the court on Oct. 13, Hillary Clinton refused outright to answer questions about:
- the creation of her email system;
- her decision to use the system despite warning from State Department officials; and
- the basis for her claim that the State Department had "90 to 95 percent" of her emails.
She also responded she "does not recall" 20 times to questions about her private email server. In its motion to compel, Judicial Watch argues:
Pursuant to Rule 33 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, "[t]he grounds for objecting to an interrogatory must be stated with specificity. ... In addition, the party objecting to the interrogatory "bears the burden of 'show[ing] why discovery should not be permitted.'" Although she objected to the three interrogatories, Secretary Clinton failed to provide sufficient reasons for refusing to answer them, and the limited reasons she provides do not warrant sustaining her objections.
"By refusing to answer our simple questions, Hillary Clinton is obstructing our efforts to get basic information about her email practices," Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said. "Because she has not—and cannot—demonstrate that her refusal to answer our questions is proper, Hillary Clinton should be required by the court to answer them promptly."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details