A pro-life ministry that supports one of the nation's largest networks of pregnancy centers released a new report Tuesday detailing the work of thousands of community-based organizations around the U.S.
In its report, Care Net states it has collected data over the last eight years from its network of more than 1,100 pregnancy centers. The report also focuses on the impact those centers have had on the women, men and families in the communities they serve.
Founded in 1975, Care Net runs the nation's only real-time call center providing pregnancy decision coaching. Acknowledging that every human life begins at conception and is worthy of protection, it offers realistic alternatives and Christ-centered support through its life-affirming network of pregnancy centers.
Some of the key findings of Care Net's report include:
- At least 97 percent of Care Net-affiliated pregnancy center clients have reported positive experiences after their visits.
- Between 2008 and 2015, Care Net-affiliated centers have provided 823,186 free ultrasound scans and 2.3 million free pregnancy tests, and more than 940,00 people have received parenting support and education.
- The economic value of the free services provided by Care Net-affiliated pregnancy centers was more than $112 million in 2014 and 2015 combined; much of which are provided in low-income and at-risk neighborhoods.
In a statement released along with the report, Care Net officials said there has been "unfounded speculation about the work of pregnancy centers" from abortion supporters, which this report refutes. The hard data tells a contrasting story about pregnancy centers, particulary when one considers the source of the data: real clients.
"Critics of pregnancy centers often indicate that centers 'appear' to be medical but are not," Care Net's statement reads. "However, as this report outlines, whenever pregnancy centers offer medical services, such as ultrasounds, they function under the authority and direction of a licensed physician who is in good standing with the physician's state licensing board; they only utilize trained and licensed medical professionals to perform medical procedures; and they carry sufficient medical liability coverage for the center and all medical personnel (unless they have their own coverage).
"The report introduces fact-based analysis about the work and impact of pregnancy centers and gives communities data-driven information on which to base their decisions about the services that are available to them through pregnancy centers. Most of the information in the report is already publicly available, but this report presents it in one place to give more context and a deeper understanding of the depth, breadth and impact of pregnancy center work."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer