Less than 24 hours after debating his Democratic counterpart, Hillary Clinton, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump was celebrating another "win."
In a statement sent to the media Wednesday morning, the Trump campaign announced it had raised $18 million. The campaign said the 24-hour haul was a signal of "momentum of historic proportions."
"As a result of Donald Trump's huge debate win last night, we had a massive fundraising day bringing in more than $18 million," the campaign's finance chair, Steven Mnuchin, said. "This is a movement to Make America Great Again. We are grateful for the support of millions of Americans across the country. With this kind of energy and generous support behind us, we are going to have President Donald J. Trump in the White House."
The campaign said it launched a "national call day" following the debate, breaking its fundraising team into smaller teams—similar to how contestants were grouped on Trump's reality TV show The Apprentice. The teams were:
- Team YUUUGE: Lew Eisenberg, Cara Mason, Woody Johnson, Carie Bock and Allison Macintosh
- Team MAGA: Steven Mnuchin, Elliott Broidy, Ray Washburne, Brandi Marks and Amanda Ober
- Team IRREDEEMABLES: Michael Cohen, Anthony Scaramucci and Lindsey Reynolds
- Team DEPLORABLES: Roy Bailey, Gentry Beach, Tommy Hicks, Alden Wood, Rachel Kelley and Mallory Hunter
- Team Trump Digital Fundraising: Brad Parscale
- Team Trump: Governor Mike Pence, Chairman Reince Priebus, Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, Ivanka Trump and Eli Miller
"The National Call Day was a tremendous success," Trump Victory Finance Chairman Lew Eisenberg said. "Many donors came on board as Donald J. Trump rolls on to victory."
Following the announcement, the campaign made a push to exceed $20 million. As of this writing, it was less than $1 million from reaching the goal prior to the 1 p.m. EDT deadline.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer