More than 2,000 Israel advocates and supporters convened at the United Nations headquarters in New York Wednesday to speak out against the BDS movement.
The summit was convened by Israeli Ambassador to the U.N. Danny Danon in partnership with leading Jewish and pro-Israel organizations, including the CAMERA media watchdog, AEPi, American Center for Law and Justice, Zionist Organization of America, Israel Bonds, StandWithUs, B'nai B'rith International, Israeli-American Council, Maccabee Task Force, Hillel International, Students Supporting Israel, Hasbara Fellowships, Jewish Agency for Israel, Simon Wiesenthal Center, American Zionist Movement and others.
"The halls of the U.N. are now being infiltrated by the boycott movement," Danon declared at the start of the event. "The U.N.'s Human Rights Council is creating a blacklist of companies and corporations operating in parts of Israel. This is pure anti-Semitism and together with the U.S., our greatest ally, we will keep fighting until BDS is eliminated."
U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley—who recently described herself as the "new sheriff in town" at the world body during the recent AIPAC policy conference, given her bid to change the anti-Israel culture within the U.N. and its agencies—was the event's main speaker.
"The effort to delegitimize the state of Israel being waged on college campuses and the anti-Israel obsession at the U.N. are one in the same. They both seek to deny Israel's right to exist. They are both efforts to intimidate her friends and embolden her enemies. They are both extensions of an ancient hatred," Haley said.
"And how tragic is it that, of all the countries in the world to condemn for human rights violations, these voices choose to single out Israel. Iran, Syria, North Korea and other barbaric regimes are excused by the BDS movement. It makes no sense. And it has no connection to any reasonable definition of justice," she added.
This article was originally published at JNS.org. Used with permission.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details