The Islamist attack on The Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida, was too much to bear for one ACLU staff attorney, who vented Sunday morning about the terror attack.
But he didn't blame Muslims, or even radical Islam. No, he placed the blame squarely on the shoulders of Christians who oppose the LGBT agenda.
Chase Strangio, one of the liberal civil rights organization's staff attorneys for its LGBT & HIV Project, works on "impact litigation, as well as legislative and administrative advocacy, on behalf of LGBTQ people and people living with HIV across the United States." His area of expertise, according to the ACLU, is the treatment of "transgender and gender non-conforming people" who are detained by law enforcement officials.
Sunday morning, he unleashed a tweetstorm about the Orlando attack in which he savaged Christians and conservatives. He first slammed a tweet from U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), urging residents of Central Florida to donate blood by pointing out that homosexuals and transgender people are not allowed to donate.
Then, he made these tweets, in short order:
The Christian Right has introduced 200 anti-LGBT bills in the last six months and people blaming Islam for this. No. #PulseNightclub
You know what is gross - your thoughts and prayers and Islamophobia after you created this anti-queer climate.
My queer trans Muslim family knows that our fight is against the hateful people in power right here in *this* country. #PulseNightclub
He also directed his anger at Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, and Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting Donald Trump. Many of his tweets included profanity.
According to TheDailyCaller, however, Strangio wasn't the only ACLU attorney to go off about the attack. Eunice Hyon Min Rho, an attorney who specializes in election and religious liberty law, took the opportunity to attack Republican lawmakers who were sponsors of the First Amendment Defense Act, legislation the ACLU considers anti-LGBT.
Rho's Twitter account has since been disabled.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details