Since he signed the Protecting Freedom of Conscience from Government Discrimination Act into law, Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant and his state have faced a massive backlash from LGBT activists and corporate interests all around the world.
But, he's also received support from his neighbors. Kayla Moore, president of the Foundation for Moral Law, recently wrote a letter of support to Bryant. In it, she praises him for protecting Christians in government and business from persecution.
As President of the Foundation for Moral Law, I commend you for your courage in signing HB 1523, the religious freedom bill that protects the free exercise rights of people who hold sincere religious objections to same-sex marriage, extramarital sex, and transgender orientations.
In recent years a fanatical minority has managed to persuade five unelected lawyers on the U.S. Supreme Court to force same-sex marriage on all fifty states, and a few states have harassed florists, bakers, photographers, and others who refuse for religious reasons to advance same-sex marriage. These people need the protection and interposition of state governments. We are thankful that, because of your courageous decision, Mississippi will protect them. We hope other states will follow your example.
The Foundation for Moral Law stands for the defense of Christian liberty and of the Constitution as written and interpreted strictly according to the intent of its Framers. In the event Mississippi faces a lawsuit over HB 1523, the Foundation would be pleased to assist in Mississippi's defense.
The new law, which is still frequently referred to by its bill number, HB 1523, has been characterized by many in the mainstream media as a "throwback to the Jim Crow era." And now, it faces many of the same boycotts and travel bans that have been thrown at North Carolina and Georgia.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details