Evangelist Franklin Graham says the difference in reactions to the Las Vegas shooting tragedy between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump reveals a great deal about the agenda of each politician.
"It is impossible not to notice the difference in response to the crisis of the Las Vegas shooting massacre," Graham said on Facebook. "Hillary immediately—and ineffectively—tried to make it about gun control, her agenda. President Trump brought comfort from God's Word and pointed America to the importance of prayer. I'm thankful millions noticed the difference."
In a speech Monday, Trump conveyed these words:
Scripture teaches us the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit (Ps. 34:18). We seek comfort in those words, for we know that God lives in the hearts of those who grieve.
To the wounded who are now recovering in hospitals, we are praying for your full and speedy recovery, and pledge to you our support from this day forward ... We pray for the entire nation to find unity and peace, and we pray for the day when evil is banished and the innocent are safe from hatred and from fear ... May God bless the souls of the lives that are lost, may God give us the grace of healing and may God provide the grieving families with strength to carry on.
In sharp contrast, Clinton, on Twitter, made it a priority to criticize the National Rifle Association while briefly mentioning concern for the victims. Nearly 60 were killed and more than 500 people were wounded in the attack on a country music concert in Las Vegas Sunday night.
"Our grief isn't enough. We can and must put politics aside, stand up to the NRA and work together to try to stop this from happening again."
Clinton had nearly the same reaction two years ago when Chris Harper-Mercer fatally shot an assistant professor and eight students in a classroom at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon.
"What is wrong with us that we cannot stand up to the NRA and gun lobby, and the gun manufacturers they represent," Clinton told Time magazine in Oct. 2015. "This is not just tragic. We don't just need to pray for people. We need to act, and we need to build a movement. It's infuriating."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details