President Trump's legal team scored their first court victory in Pennsylvania in one of several lawsuits challenging voting issues in the Nov. 3 presidential election.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports an appellate court blocked counties from including an unknown but reportedly a small number of mail-in ballots in their final vote tallies. The ruling applies to voters who still had not provided the necessary identification more than a week after Election Day.
The judge struck down the decision by Democratic Gov. Tom Wolfe's administration to give voters extra time to validate their ID.
According to state law, all voters who had registered to vote by mail had until Nov. 9 to certify their identification with the state. But two days before the election, Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar pushed that date back by three days. She claimed that a court decision earlier this year would allow late mail-in ballots to be counted as long as they had been postmarked by Nov. 3 and received within three days after that date, the Inquirer reported.
However, Commonwealth Court President Judge Mary Hannah Leavitt ruled Boockvar did not have the authority to go against the legislature and extend the deadline until Nov. 12.
It was uncertain just how many ballots statewide would be thrown out.
As of Thursday, the Associated Press showed Joe Biden leading President Trump in the Keystone State by almost 55,000 votes. A number of other legal disputes in Pennsylvania have yet to be resolved.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc. All rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details