The liberal mainstream media seemingly can't help itself; in all things connected to President Donald Trump, it feels the need to distort or just outright lie about what his administration is doing.
Such is the case of the Presidential Commission on Election Integrity, which has been charged with looking at ways to remove voter fraud and to restore the American people's faith in the electoral process. But the media is reporting two different lies about that effort—one, that the commission is only asking for voter data in an effort to help Republicans and two, that the vast majority of states are refusing to participate—and the commission's vice chair has had about enough of it.
The White House released the following statement Wednesday afternoon from Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach:
On June 28, the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity issued a letter requesting that states provide publicly available voter data as permitted under their state laws. At present, 20 states have agreed to provide the publicly available information requested by the commission, and another 16 states are reviewing which information can be released under their state laws. In all, 36 states have either agreed or are considering participating with the commission's work to ensure the integrity of the American electoral system.
While there are news reports that 44 states have 'refused' to provide voter information to the commission, these reports are patently false, more 'fake news.' At present, only 14 states and the District of Columbia have refused the commission's request for publicly available voter information. Despite media distortions and obstruction by a handful of state politicians, this bipartisan commission on election integrity will continue its work to gather the facts through public records requests to ensure the integrity of each American's vote because the public has a right to know.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details