According to multiple media reports initiated by The New York Times, President-elect Donald Trump has selected the first firmly entrenched Washington establishment figure to join his Cabinet.
Elaine Chao, who served as labor secretary under President George W. Bush and as deputy transportation secretary under President George H.W. Bush, will soon be announced as Trump's pick to lead the Transportation Department. She is the wife of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).
The daughter of mainland Chinese immigrants and born in Taipei, Taiwan, Chao first worked as an intern in the Reagan administration. In the first Bush administration, she also served as the director of the Peace Corps.
After that, she became president and CEO of the United Way and also served as a Distinguished Fellow with the Heritage Foundation. She continues to contribute to FOX News and other news outlets.
Chao's father owns a shipping company, Foremost Group.
Although media reports indicate a Presidential Transition Team member confirmed the nomination, it has not been publicly announced. A statement is expected soon.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.