During an interview with Bloomberg last month, billionaire financier of liberal-progressive activism George Soros claimed Donald Trump would win November's popular vote in a landslide—but Hillary Clinton will be the next president of the United States.
At points in the interview, Soros was almost unintelligible with his comments. His answers in those moments were seemingly unrelated to the topic of the question, but he provided a couple moments of clarity when asked specifically about the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.
"I think it's all—it's going to lead to a landslide for Donald Trump in the popular vote," he said. "Not in the electoral vote, because, there, paid political announcements will have a big role.
"So the electoral thing will be closer, but the popular vote will be a landslide because we are a small minority of extremists. So we are all moving in that direction ... I don't think that Donald Trump has any chance of being elected."
Asked specifically if "Hillary Clinton is a done deal," Soros nodded his head and said, "Yes." He then added that he felt she was the person "most qualified" to serve as the American president.
He may have more insider knowledge than he was letting on in the interview, though. According to WikiLeaks—during "Cablegate," not the current release of Podesta Emails—Soros is linked directly to Smartmatic, the company that has provided voting machines to 16 states—the same kind of machines that were suspected of being used to rig the 2004 Venezuelan presidential election on Hugo Chavez's behalf.
The Daily Caller has reported on the situation more extensively.
Is it possible to win a "landslide" popular vote and lose the Electoral College? Yes. Clinton would only need to eke out pluralities of the popular vote in the most populous states to gain an electoral vote majority. What happens elsewhere would be completely irrelevant to her ability to win.
New England, Hawaii, Illinois, Virginia, the District of Columbia and the West Coast states already give her more than half of the electoral votes she needs to win. If the votes were swayed in just four other states—Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin—she would have more than the 270 needed to win the Electoral College.
Now, how the rest of the country reacts to that scenario could be an entirely different matter.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details