With the mainstream media now trying to paint Republican vice presidential nominee Indiana Gov. Mike Pence as an "apologist" for GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump, MSNBC tried to present another such example Friday morning.
But, it backfired. Big time.
Thursday, 11-year-old Matthew Schricker asked Pence a somewhat pointed, but honest, question:
"I've been watching the news lately and I've been noticing lately that you've been kind of softening up on Mr. Trump's policies and words. Is this going to be your role in the administration?"
The mainstream media pounced, suggesting the boy was grilling the Republicans and how even school kids were tiring of Trump's rhetoric. And that's exactly how MSNBC's Chris Jansing framed the story, and her questions during her interview Friday with Schricker.
He wouldn't have any of that.
Schricker showed up for the interview wearing a rather large Donald Trump campaign button. And, after telling Jansing he came up with the question, he took her to task for the way she was trying to frame the interview.
"I was very satisfied by [Pence's] answer," he said. "And it was not—I was not meaning for it to be hostile. As you said before, I was challenging him. No, I was not.
"I was totally just asking him to see if he was—if Mr. Trump was approving. I was not trying to be mean to him or challenging him or trying to bait him like many websites who are saying I was grilling him. I was not doing anything to offend him or the Trump campaign."
Still, Jansing tried her best to turn it into a negative situation for the Trump-Pence campaign, asking Schricker if his question was based on some underlying concern about Pence's support for Trump. And, once again, he shot her down.
"I have no doubt about how he supported Donald Trump," he said. "I was just a little worried about if he was just—if he was balancing the ticket or if he was kind of going—if he was kind of distancing himself from the Trump campaign. And I just wanted to see a little bit, it was kind of nagging on my mind a little bit as I kept reading each report. So I got a chance, and I said it out loud and he answered me."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details