The mainstream media immediately picked up on Donald Trump's "blistering" speech Wednesday—a continuation of his "dirt dump" on Hillary Clinton that began Tuesday afternoon—in which he turned her slogan around.
"Hillary Clinton wants to be president," he said. "But she doesn't have the temperament, or, as Bernie Sanders said, the judgment, to be president.
"She believes she is entitled to the office. Her campaign slogan is 'I'm with her.' You know what my response to that is? I'm with you: the American people.
"She thinks it's all about her. I know it's all about you—I know it's all about making America great again for all Americans."
Click here to read a transcript of the entire speech. It immediately drew praise, particularly from those who were critical and those were actively working to defeat his candidacy for the past several months.
"Finally. Trump gives powerful well-delivered take down on what's wrong with Hillary," Ari Fleischer of the Republican Jewish Coalition said. "Parts were uplifting. Parts were tough. Finally. Well done."
Republican strategist Karl Rove, who has been highly critical of the Trump campaign said the speech signaled the GOP nominee-in-waiting may have "finally (gotten) his act together." Nationally syndicated radio host Mark Levin, who has previously pledged support for #NeverTrump, said that while he didn't agree with everything in the speech, he liked most of it, and in general, thought it was a great speech.
Other members of the #NeverTrump faction, while in agreement that it was a good speech, wondered what Trump would do in the hours that followed to overshadow the positive move his campaign was likely to make as a result.
For her part, Clinton responded to the Trump speech by insisting the businessman was lying. Several liberal pundits parroted her complaint, both on air and in social media, but the lead headlines Thursday morning indicate the mainstream media is giving Trump the win in this round.
Greg Gutfeld, host of FOX News Channel's "The Five," said Trump's speech was "like calling D-Day a nature hike."
"He accused Hillary Clinton of murder and corruption, creating ISIS, and destroying the entire Middle East," he said. "The only things he didn't blame her for were Zoolander 2, manbuns and coconut water."
Calling the speech "opposite-Romney," he said Trump's speech took off the gloves and "adds brass knuckles and a blowtorch." He predicted the race would continue to get ugly, suggesting it would become a battle between "Godzilla and Mechagodzilla."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details