Howie Carr, a syndicated radio host and columnist for the Boston Herald, wrote in his latest article for WorldNetDaily about a recent interview he conducted with a long-time ally of the Bush family.
Ron Kaufman is a friend of President George W. Bush and worked on the unsuccessful 1980 presidential campaign of his father, President George H.W. Bush, alongside his future brother-in-law, former Transportation Secretary and White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card. He served as White House political director under George H.W. Bush.
The Bush insider, Carr wrote, said the "enormous surge in Republican voters this primary season" shows that Trump had "struck a nerve in American politics." And he had done so in a way candidates who had taken a more traditional campaign approach had not:
"Donald Trump is going to end up with more votes than any person who ever ran for president in a contested race, probably," said Kaufman.
Kaufman's comments came after Trump swept to victory in Massachusetts' nine Congressional district caucuses on Saturday, grabbing 23 of the 27 slots with record turnouts. In March, Trump won 49 percent of the GOP primary vote in the Bay State.
Kaufman described the Trump routs in the Massachusetts caucuses last weekend as "stunning."
Kaufman in effect broke with another of his old allies, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who earlier this year repeatedly urged GOP voters to reject Trump.
"You can't kick all those great tens of millions of voters to the side," Kaufman said. "If we're going to win in November we're going to need every one of them to show up and vote."
Kaufman, who had appeared on the HBO series The Circus also expounded on his comment on the show that Trump "understands the climate and the culture of America today better than anybody":
"Clearly, Mr. Trump understands what people are thinking out there in America better than anybody else," he said. "That's why he will be the nominee in my opinion, and I believe he'll be the president."
Carr wrote that Kaufman believes the Republican Party would eventually rally around Trump.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details