A group of young black conservatives on their way to a Make America Great Again "meet-up" at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. were refused service by an Uber driver because of their political affiliation and support for President Donald Trump.
"To me, what happened took me back to the '60s when black Americans where told they could sit in the front of the bus, they had to sit at the back of the bus, or eat at the same restaurant, or go to the same school or would be hosed in certain neighbors," Matthew Handy told CBN News. "So now we are going to discrimination not based on race but on political standing. We are gonna see people not welcome in places because they are conservative or liberal. So, that is more disturbing to me than any other aspect of this."
Handy, who's participating in the Rocky Mountain Black Conservatives internship program, was one of the students kicked out of the car by the Uber driver.
He said they had their hats in their hands when they got in the car and the Uber driver asked, "Is that a MAGA hat? Well, I can't do this ride."
He thought the guy was joking, but then the driver repeated, "No, I'm not doing this ride. Get out of my car."
Handy says he contacted Uber to register a complaint and only received a "generic response."
"It doesn't seem like, to me, that they are taking this issue seriously and I think they should," Handy told CBN News. "I think they should look into this situation because it's discrimination. They should fire this driver. I don't want free rides; I want action," he said.
Handy said he never thought this would happen to him.
"The Democrats say, 'When they go low, we go high,' and I'm not seeing that at all, when things like Maxine Waters calling, basically, for violence for all supporters and all who work for the president," Handy said. "What she said is not OK. So, when something happens, she's gonna say, 'The blood's not on my hands,' but it is, because she is the one who initiated it. This is not OK in America."
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer