The United Nations is expected to vote Thursday against a Trump administration decision that recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
Like Ronald Reagan before him, President Trump is taking on the United Nations. At the final Cabinet meeting of the year, he delivered some words of warning to the General Assembly about the capital of Israel vote.
"They take hundreds of millions of dollars and even billions of dollars and then they vote against us. Well, we're watching those votes," the president said. "Let them vote against us. We'll save a lot. We don't care."
Earlier in the week, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley put out this tweet, saying,
"At the U.N., we're always asked to do more and give more. So, when we make a decision, at the will of the American people about where to locate our embassy, we don't expect those we've helped to target us. On Thursday, there'll be a vote criticizing our choice. The US will be taking names."
The United States sends the United Nations $8 billion a year. That's about 22 percent of the world body's annual budget, with $3 billion allocated for international peacekeeping efforts.
Like former President Ronald Reagan, Trump has complained that the money American sends is mismanaged by a bloated bureaucracy—a General Assembly that often votes against Israel and America's interests.
"The people who live here are great citizens that love this country," Trump said at the final cabinet meeting of 2017. "They're tired of this country being taken advantage of and we're not going to be taken advantage of any longer."
And before closing out the meeting, Health and Human Services Secretary Ben Carson offered up a prayer.
"In this time of discord, distrust and dishonesty, we ask that you would give us a spirit of compassion, gratitude and common sense and give us the wisdom to be able to guide this great nation in the future. We ask in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, amen."
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details