A spirit of violence has been loosed. This is not my prophetic utterance, but a snippet from the pivotal prophetic word Cindy Jacobs released just weeks ago.
While massacres are unfortunately nothing new, if you believe Cindy's prophecy—and you should—it's time to fall on your knees and lift up your voice in intercession. The spirit of violence will rage stronger in the days ahead if intercessors do not stand in the gap and make up the hedge.
From schools and malls to nightclubs and churches, the spirit of violence makes no exception for race, culture or nationality. It does not discriminate against the rich, poor or middle class. It takes no prisoners—it instead kills, steals and destroys lives.
In 2007, the Lord warned me of the impending darkness. He said, "Yes, it will grow darker before My light shines brightly from this nation again." The darkness will continue to rise through a spirit of violence and other demonic cohorts as the enemy understands his time is short. Our job is to be the light. Intercession is one way we release light.
Cindy issued a sober "shields up" warning urging prayer just weeks ago. Many responded, but many more need to wake up and rise up so we can shake up the enemy's plots and plans for more murder and mayhem. With the recent forward movement toward righteousness in America—especially on the pro-life front—the enemy is actively seeking people to work his murderous agenda to make up for his losses.
While many in America are grieving the massacres in Dayton, Ohio and El Paso, Texas, we weep with those who weep. But let our weeping include groans of intercession. Let our tears be prayers to the Lord of Hosts. Let our shields quench the fiery darts of the enemy. We've been warned, yet violence erupted like a volcano anyway.
These back-to-back massacres represent the first fruits of the spirit of a new wave of violence manifesting what could turn into a tsunami of terror if we don't hit our knees. How will we respond now? How can we pray? (Decrees and prayers modified to the first person.)
- Repent on behalf of the violent sins in our nation, past and present.
- Plead the blood of Jesus over the nation.
- Decree based on Isaiah 60:18 (NKJV), "Violence shall no longer be heard in our land, neither wasting nor destruction within our borders; but we shall call our walls Salvation, and our gates Praise."
- Decree based on Psalm 72:14, "God will redeem our life from oppression and violence; and precious shall be our blood in His sight."
- Pray according to Ezekiel 7:23 (ESV), "Forge a chain! For the land is full of bloody crimes and the city is full of violence."
- Pray according to Psalm 18:48 (NKJV): "He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man."
- Pray according to Psalm 55:9, "Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues, for I have seen violence and strife in the city."
- Pray according to Matthew 16:19, using the keys of the kingdom to forbid the operation of the spirit of violence.
- Pray according to 2 Timothy 1:7 to break the power of fear, because God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.
- Pray according to Luke 8:17 for the exposure, disbandment and destruction of networks—both human and demonic—of violence in the earth
- Of course, pray for those who are grieving the loss of loved ones.
Please, pray. Shields up!
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at email@example.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer