Florida Sen. Rick Scott led a group of senators in signing a resolution that supports Israel's right to defend itself against the barrage of attacks from Hamas.
Sen. Scott and 18 Republicans affirmed that the United States has previously designated Hamas as a terrorist organization (Oct. 8, 1997) and that they seized power of Gaza in 2007, where they have since levied other terror groups to attack Israeli civilians while refusing to recognize Israel, or negotiate peace.
The resolution connects Hamas to their Iranian benefactors and the funding of the missile attacks targeting Israeli civilians and cities, including Jerusalem.
The senators reaffirmed that since its reestablishment in 1948, Israel has been a key ally and strategic partner of the United States. As the United States Senate, they are resolved to oppose the escalating attacks by Hamas against Israel and mourn the loss of innocent life caused by Hamas' rocket attacks. They urged continued and steadfast support, reaffirming their unwavering commitment to Israel and the right that it has to defend itself and its civilians against terror by whatever means necessary. They also reaffirmed Israel's right to peace and security.
Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, one of the co-signers of the resolution, said on Monday that "Israel is our strongest ally. President Biden should unapologetically reaffirm U.S. support of Israel and its right to defend itself. The left's moralistic calls for a ceasefire are little more than a propaganda win for Hamas."
After joining the resolution, Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) commented, "Israel has not just the right but the obligation to defend its citizens and its territory against the Iran-backed Palestinian terrorists who are attacking its citizens and using civilians in Gaza, including journalists, as human shields.
"The United States must make it clear that it stands shoulder-to-shoulder with Israel, and the Biden administration has no place pressuring Israel to use restraint or equivocating Israel and Hamas," Cruz continued. "I am proud to join Sen. Scott on this resolution to ensure Congress is clear about our support of the State of Israel as they defend their people and their sovereignty."
Read breaking news like this and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details